Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rainbow Raitha

Well after a long time I am re-entering my blog. I read somewhere that a meal platter should look like rainbow with all colors of food. I am not talking about the artificial colors but the colorful veggies and fruits.

I picked this recipe from www.veggiebelly.com , an awesome blog for vegetarian recipes.

 Unlike usual raitha, this recipe will have less yougurt/curd and loads of veggies. Remember the recipe as 7 Cs viz.
Carrot -1
Corn - 2 tbsp
Cucumber -1/2 small
Capsicum ( all colours green, yellow, red and orange )- 1/2 each
Curd -3 tbsp
Cherry tomatoes-10 cut into halves
Cilantro
Chillies (optional)- 2

How to:

Finely chop all veggies. Refregirate them overnight. Add yogurt and salt before serving.This makes the raitha crunchy and yummy.Trust me you will fall in love with this dish. And have it as frequently as you can as it is loaded with nutrients.

Note:If you add salt early, it leaves the veggies watery.Also veggies get soaked in yogurt if it is added early.


1 comment: